Sundays at our house is the only day it’s perfect acceptable to walk around in your pajamas all day long. Sometimes, we will have unexpected guests stop over. My husband will run and change really quick if he is obeying the PJs only rule, but I don’t even care. Come on in! That’s what I say. If you don’t want to see me in my jammies, don’t come over on Sunday, especially unannounced. Sundays are also the only time of the week that I get to feed my family a breakfast that comes from the oven or stove top.
The rest of the week, they have to deal with cereal, oatmeal, toast, or maybe a bagel if they are lucky. So, when I have the time to stand in my kitchen in my PJs, I’m doing it for sure. One of my favorite things to make is cinnamon rolls, so when I found these super easy ones on Chocolate, Chocolate and More, I knew they were going to fit right into the relaxing day.
These were almost as easy to make as those ones that you get in the can and pop open by slamming it against the cupboard. The flavor of these is so much better though. They go great with a cup of coffee or as an addition to a complete breakfast spread, which is what I usually do.
- 2 +1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 c. Milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 c. raisins if desired
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 teas vanilla
- Heat oven to 375. Grease rectangular pan. Stir Bisquick, milk and 2 Tbsp sugar until dough forms; beat 20 strokes.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. Shape into ball, knead 10 times. Roll or pat dough into 15×9 in. rectangle. Spread with butter.
- Mix 2 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle raisins evenly. Roll up tightly beginning at 15 in side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Cut into 12 1/1/4 in. slices. Arrange with cut sides down in pan.
- Bake 20-33 min until golden. Coll. Spread with Frosting.
Made with ❤️ by Carol Genusa
☕️Buy me a coffee!☕️