These rolls are soft, fluffy, and delicious, and the best part is that they only take 30 minutes to make!
I remember the first time I tried making dinner rolls from scratch. I was intimidated by the thought of it, but I decided to give it a try. And I’m so glad I did! The process was much easier than I thought, and the end result was a huge success.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can serve these rolls with any meal, whether it’s a holiday dinner, a weeknight meal, or even just a snack. They are perfect for soaking up gravy or sauce, and they are great for sandwiches, too.
To start, I gather all of my ingredients and tools. I like to use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you can also mix the dough by hand. I then combine the warm water, yeast, sugar, and oil in the mixer bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes until the yeast blooms and the mixture becomes “puffy.”
Next, I add in the egg and the salt and begin to mix the dough. I gradually add in the flour until the dough comes together and forms a smooth ball. I let the mixer do the work and knead the dough until it’s soft and smooth.
Once the dough is ready, I shape it into 12 balls and place them in a 9×13 inch baking dish. I let the dough rest for 10 minutes, then I heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the rolls for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
When the rolls are finished baking, I remove them from the oven and brush them with melted butter. The aroma that fills the kitchen is simply amazing! The rolls are soft and fluffy on the inside, with a slightly crunchy crust on the outside.
I like to serve these rolls warm, straight from the oven. They are so delicious, I can hardly resist eating them all at once! I’m always amazed at how fast they disappear whenever I make them.
In conclusion, these 30 Minute Dinner Rolls are the perfect addition to any meal. They are easy to make, delicious, and ready in just 30 minutes. Give them a try, and let me know what you think!
30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of warm water around 114 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1/3 cup of olive oil refer to notes
- 2 tablespoons of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups of bread flour all-purpose flour can also be used
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together the warm water, olive oil, yeast, and sugar.
- Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes, until the yeast blooms and the mixture becomes “puffy.”
- Add 2 cups of flour, the salt, and the egg to the yeast mixture and mix using a dough hook.
- Gradually add the remaining flour.
- Let the mixer knead the dough until it becomes a smooth ball. The dough will be soft.
- Shape the dough into 12 balls and place them in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes and heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush the tops with butter.