I am loving and using my rice cooker to make one of my favorite comfort foods. One of the things I love to order from Cheddar’s restaurants is their broccoli casserole and so I decided to learn how to make my own. I decided it make it a meal and added the protein of the chicken but that is optional.
- 1 16 oz package petite broccoli florets cooked
- 3 cups rice cooked
- 1 package Tyson pre-cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1½ cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup French friend onions
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Coat a 13×9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine broccoli, rice, chicken, mayonnaise, soup, 1 cup yellow cheddar cheese,1/2 cup white cheddar cheese and eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place the broccoli mixture in the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Top with the remaining cheese, bread crumbs, and French onions.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is a golden brown.