Fried pork chops recipe, sound dull to you? Not so. These delectable pork chops are simple and a family pleaser. With a pan gravy that makes ordinary pork chops become extraordinary, these pork chops are a must try delight..
FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH PAN GRAVY
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
4 loin cut pork chops (about 1/2″ thick)
1 tbl canola oil
2 tbls minced shallots or minced onion
1/4 cup sherry vinegar or 1/8 cup sherry and 1/8 cup wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp gravy browning seasoning sauce (Kitchen Bouquet)
a pinch of sugar
1 tbl butter
1/4 cup half and half
1. Heat canola oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Fry the pork chops until done. Remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
2. Place minced shallots in skillet and saute over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add sherry, broth, seasoning sauce and sugar and cook until reduced by half. Add butter and half and half and simmer on low until thickened, about 3 of 4 minutes more. Serve these chops with mashed potatoes and the pan gravy.
This is another of my best pork chop recipes. The pork chops are fried and then simmered in a tomato wine sauce. It tastes great and it’s easy to make.
Fried Pork Chops in Wine Sauce
cook time: 25 minutes
4 loin cut pork chops
1 tbl canola oil
1 cup stewed tomatoes with juice, forced through a colander to
break up the tomatoes in to small pieces
1/3 cup Marsala wine or a good white wine is fine
1/4 cup water
1/2 lb mushrooms, sauteed in butter (optional)
1. Place oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the chops. Brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. If you are using the mushrooms, now is the time to saute them. Saute in 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
2. When chops are browned, add the wine, stewed tomatoes and water to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove lid, add mushrooms and simmer uncovered another 10 minutes. This gravy is equally good over mashed potatoes.
Try this simple fried pork chops recipe.
4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
3 tbls red achiote seasoning paste (you can but it
in any Hispanic market)
salt and pepper
2 tbl canola oil
1. Rub each chop liberally on both with the achiote. Salt and pepper both sides of chops. Let chops sit for 30 minutes. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook chops until done to your liking, turning once during cooking. They will have a nice tasty crust formed by the achiote seasoning. I usually serve these chops with Spanish rice and a tomato salad.