All I can say is that it was a huge hit with my guys at the dinner table. I made it a couple of weeks ago and they are already requesting it again.
The prep time seems like a lot but that is basically baking the potatoes and frying the bacon. This step can be done the day before.
Test Kitchen Tips
Warm potatoes can be tough to cut, and they don’t hold their shape. Cool completely before cubing them.
This is a rich recipe worthy of special occasions, but you can shave a few calories by reducing the sour cream and cheese. Try 2 cups of sour cream and 3 cups total of shredded cheese.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 7 mediumred potatoes – baked
- 1/4 tspsalt and pepper
- 1 lbbacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 csour cream
- 2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
- 3green onion, sliced
How to Make Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Cut baked potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place half in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt,pepper and bacon.
- Top with half the sour cream and then the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with the sliced onion.
1 serving: 594 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Looking for more snacks that are easy to make and good for you? Follow my Pinterest board for more ideas! FamilyRecipes