Looking for a sweet treat that’s easy to make? Check out this no-bake refrigerator cake recipe! Now, you could definitely whip up an angel food cake from scratch, but let’s be real, who has time for that? No shame in grabbing one from the grocery store instead! That way, you can skip the baking and get right to the deliciousness.
Need a festive dessert option for your holiday celebrations? Look no further than this no-bake beauty! Sure, it’s perfect for keeping things cool during the hot summer months, but with its bold red and white colors, this cake is just as fitting for Valentine’s Day and Christmas too. So whip up a batch and impress your loved ones with your baking prowess (without ever turning on the oven)!
So, you’ve got your heaven on earth cake all put together and you’re ready to dig in, right? Hold up just a minute! Trust me, you don’t want to skip the chilling step. Sure, you could technically serve it right away, but without giving it time to set up in the fridge, it’s gonna be a hot mess (literally)! So do yourself a favor and let it chill before serving. Your taste buds (and your guests) will thank you!
Here are some pro tips for making sure your heaven on earth cake turns out perfectly every time:
- Don’t skip the chilling step. I know it can be tempting to dig right in, but trust me, giving your cake time to set up in the fridge will make it much easier to serve (and less messy too!).
- Make sure your angel food cake is completely cooled before using it in this recipe. No one wants a soggy, hot mess of a cake, right?
- Use a serrated knife to cut your angel food cake into cubes. It can be a little tricky to slice through that fluffy goodness, but a serrated blade will make it a breeze.
So there you have it, ladies! Follow these tips and your heaven on earth cake will be the star of any dessert spread. Happy baking!
So you’ve whipped up a heavenly batch of heaven on earth cake, and now you’re wondering what to serve it with, am I right? Well, to be honest, I could probably eat this dessert for dinner and be perfectly happy, but I suppose it’s more responsible to enjoy it after dinner instead!
That being said, if you’re looking for some inspiration for what to pair it with, here are a few ideas:
- A cup of coffee or tea: The rich, sweet flavors of the cake pair perfectly with a warm cup of your favorite brew.
- Whipped cream or ice cream: If you’re feeling indulgent (and let’s be real, when are we not?), a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream is the perfect complement to this rich and fluffy cake.
- Fresh berries or fruit: The tartness of fresh berries or fruit is a great way to balance out the sweetness of the cake.
So there you have it, ladies! A few ideas for what to serve with your delicious heaven on earth cake. Enjoy!
Heaven On Earth Cake
- 1 package 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk whole or 2% – you can also use half and half if you prefer
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pre-made angel food cake 14 ounces, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 can 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 tub 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vanilla pudding with the milk and sour cream and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- In a 9×13 inch pan, layer half of the angel food cake evenly on the bottom. Spread 2/3 of the cherry filling over the cake, and then layer the remaining angel food cake pieces over the cherry filling.
- Spread the vanilla pudding mixture over the cake, followed by a layer of Cool Whip (use it all!).
- Finally, spoon the remaining cherry filling on top of the Cool Whip and chill the entire pan in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle the toasted slivered almonds on top just before serving.
Thank you for the recipes
This was really good! Nice and light and not too sweet. Even the kids liked it. Will make again.
Everything looks good
I went to go to next page?? and there wasn’t a page to go to???
I love those recipes
Thank you for the wonderful recipe! Delish!!!
It looks delicious but don’t see the directions. Help!
This site sucks! Can never just print off a recipe!
All we need is the full recipe and a print button.
Instead you have to jump through hoops…….add extension, etc.
AND IT STILL DOESN’T WORK!
No instructions or amounts included in the recipe! Looks wonderful but I’m not going to guess on amounts of ingredients.
Can’t wait to make it! Will share it with my friends! Thank you!
All of these recipes look & sound delicious