If you’re an eclair fan, you’re seriously going to flip for this no-bake chocolate eclair cake! It has all the scrumptious eclair flavors you adore, but it’s so much simpler to whip up – you’ll only need a bowl and a spoon. The best part? There’s no need to fire up the oven or fuss with an electric mixer. Trust me, this dessert is going to be your new go-to treat!
You may have heard of it as Boston Cream Icebox Cake too! This heavenly dessert is created by stacking alternating layers of graham crackers and velvety vanilla pudding. Then, it’s crowned with a luxurious chocolate frosting before being popped into the fridge to chill. As it cools, the graham crackers soak up some of the pudding, transforming them into a soft, cake-like texture. Trust me, it’s simply divine!
A SIMPLE LAYERED TREAT
Let me tell you, this No-Bake Eclair Cake is not only a breeze to make, but it’s also downright delicious. No need for a stovetop or oven at all! The trickiest part? Waiting patiently to dig in! this delightful dessert is perfect for pleasing a crowd.
Is it okay to enjoy this dessert right away?
While whipping up this dessert is a snap, it does need some time to settle in. My advice? Make it the night before you plan to serve it. That way, the graham crackers have a chance to soften and everything has time to set up just right. Trust me, it’s worth the wait!
Can you freeze eclair cake?
Unfortunately, freezing eclair cake isn’t the best idea. It just doesn’t thaw well, and the texture ends up being less than appealing.
What about storing leftovers?
No worries! You can easily cover and store any leftover dessert in the fridge for 2-3 days. It’ll still taste delicious and keep its lovely texture.
Eclair Cake Recipe
- 1 box honey graham crackers 14.4 ounce
- 2 packages 3.4 ounce each instant French vanilla pudding
- 2½ cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the instant French vanilla pudding and milk. Once it’s well mixed, gently fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Grab a 13×9-inch baking dish and start layering: first, a layer of graham crackers, followed by a layer of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers one more time, and finish with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Now let’s make the luscious frosting. In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the baking chocolate and mix it with the corn syrup. Keep stirring until it’s silky smooth. Then, add the vanilla extract, butter, milk, and powdered sugar, mixing everything together until it’s perfectly combined.
- Spread that delicious frosting over the top layer of graham crackers. Cover the dish and pop it in the fridge for at least 8 hours before serving.