This cake is not just any ordinary cake, it’s a chocolate lover’s dream come true. It’s a three-layer cake with a rich, creamy chocolate custard filling, topped with a decadent chocolate frosting and finished with a sprinkle of chocolate sprinkles.
I first had a taste of this cake at a friend’s birthday party and from the moment I took my first bite, I was in love. The buttery cake was so light and fluffy, and the chocolate custard filling was the perfect balance of sweet and creamy. The chocolate frosting was rich and chocolatey, and the sprinkles added a fun crunch. It was truly a bite of heaven in every forkful.
From that moment on, I was determined to learn how to make this cake myself. I asked my friend for the recipe, but she told me that it was a family secret passed down from her grandmother. I was disappointed, but I didn’t give up. I experimented with different recipes and ingredients until I finally found the perfect combination that tasted just like the original.
Making this cake is a labor of love, but the end result is worth every minute. It starts with the cake layers, which are made from a simple batter of butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and buttermilk. The secret to the light and fluffy texture is in the mixing technique, so make sure to beat the batter for at least two minutes.
The chocolate custard filling is what sets this cake apart from others. It’s made from a mixture of sugar, flour, eggs, and melted chocolate, and it’s thickened over a double boiler. It’s important to stir the custard constantly while it’s cooking to prevent it from burning. The custard should be cooled completely before it’s spread between the cake layers.
The final touch is the chocolate frosting, which is made from whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. This frosting is the perfect complement to the rich and creamy chocolate custard filling. The chocolate sprinkles are the cherry on top, adding a fun crunch to every bite.
When it comes to serving this cake, I like to keep it simple and let the flavors speak for themselves. I always serve it with a cold glass of milk, which helps to balance out the richness of the cake.
In conclusion, this Slice of Heaven Cake is truly a treat that should be savored. It’s the perfect dessert for any special occasion or just for a sweet treat after dinner. I hope this story has inspired you to try making this delicious cake for yourself. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
Until next time, happy baking!
Slice of Heaven Cake
- 4 oz white chocolate shaved
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Creme de Cacao
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- chocolate sprinkles
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk scalded
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 6 chocolate caramels
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 3-4 drops vanilla extract
- Melt the white chocolate in water over low heat.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and blend in the melted chocolate.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture, sugar, and buttermilk to the chocolate-butter mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut flakes.
- Pour the batter into two well-greased and floured 9-inch cake pans and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the Chocolate Custard.
Instructions for the Chocolate Custard:
- In a bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Beat in the eggs and then the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a double boiler with the scalded milk and cook, stirring often, until thickened.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and caramels until they are melted.
- Allow the custard to cool completely.
Instructions for the Frosting:
- Sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until frothy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar mixture and then the vanilla extract.
To Assemble the Cake:
- Place the bottom layer of cake on a serving plate and drizzle with Creme de Cacao.
- Spread an even layer of the chocolate custard over the bottom layer, leaving about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Place the remaining cake layer on top of the custard.
- Frost the cake with the prepared frosting.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top of the cake.