One of the most stunning countries of Europe is Spain, which is located in southwestern part of Europe. Due to its geological location, the climate in Spain is quite diverse but overall the weather here is quite relaxed and lovely. Spain is popular for long sandy and gorgeous beaches, abundant green peaks, pollution free atmosphere, diverse culture, excellent cuisine and of course enjoyable climate. Spain is also popular for bullfights and flamenco dancers. In short, Spain is a very lively city that everyone would adore to see. It has indeed attracted numerous visitors from all over the world. It is a chronological city and considers customs as there are remarkable citadels, Moorish palaces, antique cave paintings, Resurgence and Gothic cathedrals and Roman wreck, this reveals the antique heritage of Spain. Spain is the most preferred holiday destination for golfers and golf lovers, as it is quite well-known for Golf courses worldwide.
Golfing holidays in Spain has become one of the chief reasons to see this amazing city. it is usually termed as ‘The Golfer’s Paradise’ as there are vast areas of land which serve as best golf courses in the world. Spain is well-known for top ten golf courses and these are:
- Valderrama: Valderrama is a well known golf course that has offered home to Volvo Masters, the Ryder cup and the World Golf Championship and is positioned as number one golf course in Europe. Robert Trent Jones, designer of this remarkable golf course and Jaime Ortiz Patino, who is the adorable owner of this golf course are proud to view the world’s most difficult tests being held here. The gorgeous trees that stretches a long way with cascade of water somewhere in between the greenside lake. There are green bunkers which slope into the emerald lake, loved by spectators but hated by golf champions.
- La Cala North & South: With 2 fine 18 hole courses, La Cala golf course is elegant and quite relaxed with royally styled clubhouse.
- Alcaidesa Links: Started in the year 1992, Alciadesa Links Golf Club is an amazing feeling that could not be felt anywhere in this stste. This golf course is located to the west of San Roque, a lovely place which is a must to see.
- El Cortesin: El Cortesin is designed by Cabell Robinson which is a long area of abundant green lawn meant for golfing only with no interference if houses. So it is quite relaxed for golfers to benefit from this natural surrounding.
- La Quinta: La Quinta is located in ‘The Golf Valley’ has marvelous attractive sites of massive peaks and the remarkable Marbella coastline. In the middle of nature, this golf course is in great demand due to fine quality greenery.
- Los Naranjos: Los Naranjos is located besides Orange grooves. Planner of Valerrama, Robert Trent Jones, permits all the golfers to benefit from this golf course with top class venue.
- San Rouque: In 1990, Tony Jacklin and well known architect, Dave Thomas, designed this golf course. This golf course is quite demanding to examine the capability of golfers with complication allover. Surrounded by awesome scenic splendor, this golf course has diverse scenery, valleys of cork oaks and fresh water streams to meadowland.
- Sotogrande: Civilizing with age, Sotogrande was started in 1964 and is still retained its position amongst top ten golf courses in Europe. With pine, oak, eucalyptus and palm trees, this golf course is green all through.
- Torrequebrada: Torrequebrada is recognized for marvelous sea views, with a lot of trees and green bushes all over. Opened in the year 1976, this golf course has been a host to Spanish Open and all top tournaments.
- Almenara: Almenara with beautiful cork oak trees and gorgeous lakes, located in between Valderrama and San Rouque, was opened in the year 1999. It is designed by Dave Thomas on hilly terrain. This is another well preserved golf course in Spain.
With such gorgeous golf courses all over Spain, it is definitely worth seeing this fabulous country with breathtaking sites and scenery all over.