This delicious boneless chicken recipe combines the rich flavors of maple syrup, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar to make a sticky, tasty glaze for the chicken. This Asian maple chicken is first grilled to give it attractive grill stripe marks and then finished off to perfection in the oven. If you don’t have a grill, you can brown it in a pan on the stove first and then finish it in the oven. Alternatively you could grill it but grilling often means the outside of the chicken is done before the inside, so following the recipe is perhaps the best way to make this Asian chicken recipe with maple chicken glaze if you want to be sure that it cooks perfectly.
Asian chicken recipes tend to mix sweet ingredients with spicy ones and this is a wonderful chicken dish to serve to family and friends. It also makes a unique pot luck supper dish and most people will not have tasted this particular dish before. This boneless chicken recipe can be served with rice and finely sliced, steamed or stir fried vegetables, such as broccoli, carrot, and snow peas.
If you enjoy making easy chicken recipes, you will love this simple recipe because there are very few ingredients in it. It is not always necessary to have a lot of ingredients when making Asian chicken recipes because the mild flavor of the chicken can be maximized just by adding a couple of different flavors, rather than going for something too ambitious and overpowering the chicken taste altogether.
- 4 chicken breasts (maximum 7 oz each), boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon white rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Few drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Cooking spray, as required
- Rinse the chicken under running water and pat it dry.
- Put it in a big Ziploc bag and add the vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce and a few drops of hot sauce.
- Shake the bag, massaging the chicken through the bag so it is evenly covered in the vinegar, maple syrup and soy sauce mixture.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for between 4 and 12 hours to marinate, turning it over a couple of times during the marinating time.
- Spray the cooking spray over your grill pan and heat it to medium high.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, using tongs, and put them on the grill.
- When the chicken has grill marks on one side, transfer it to a Pyrex baking dish or ovenproof pan.
- Bake the chicken in the hot oven for about 20 minutes.
- Slice into the thickest part. If the meat is not pink and the juices run clear, it is done.
- If not, give it another 5 minutes and check again.
Looking for more snacks that are easy to make and good for you? Follow my Pinterest board for more ideas! FamilyRecipes