Served over noodles or rice, this delicious Asian chicken recipe features colorful and delicious ingredients like green onion and juicy chicken thigh meat. You could use chicken breast meat instead if you prefer. The cashews in this recipe add a wonderful crunch to the dish and toasting them before you add them is recommended. To do this, simply heat them in a dry skillet or frying pan, stirring them often so they do not burn, until they are aromatic and slightly browned. Cashews and chicken are paired in many famous Chinese chicken recipes and if you crave a taste of Asia for dinner tonight, you will find this boneless chicken recipe both easy and tasty.
This winning dish features nutritious ingredients and everyone will be won over by its amazing flavor. Boneless chicken recipes do not get much more flavorful than this and if you like takeout chicken recipes you will really love this one because it is as good as anything you would get from a Chinese takeout but it also has a fresher flavor.
You can use less or more chilies to tame the taste or fan the flames. If you are making this for kids it might be a good idea to go easy with the spices. You can use your judgment with the other ingredients as well, perhaps adding broccoli, carrot, bell pepper or some other tasty vegetables, to boost the nutrient value. This tasty boneless chicken and cashew recipe does not take long to make. You just have to stir fry the ingredients together. As soon as everything is tender and cooked through, this meal is ready to serve with your chosen side dishes.
- 10 ½ oz boneless chicken thigh slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- ⅓ cup toasted cashews
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup green onion, in 1 ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon each white sugar, soy sauce, tomato sauce and chili paste
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ cup chopped cooked water chestnuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooked rice or noodles, to serve
- Roll the chicken in the flour, then sauté it in the oil in a wok until it is golden brown all over.
- Add the garlic and yellow onion and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 4 minutes or until everything is tender and well combined, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
Looking for more snacks that are easy to make and good for you? Follow my Pinterest board for more ideas! FamilyRecipes