This is a very good chicken marsala recipe and it combines the flavors of chicken, marsala wine, mushrooms, parsley, prosciutto and more for one of the best chicken marsala recipes there is. If you like easy, stir fried chicken recipes and especially breast chicken recipes, you will love this chicken marsala with mushrooms recipe.
It makes a wonderful dinner and you can also make chicken marsala for a dinner party or other special occasion because it is especially flavorful and tastes like a more time consuming dish. The aged, dry cured, spiced prosciutto ham adds a very good flavor to this chicken marsala recipe and the Marsala wine goes beautifully with the chicken. If you enjoy gourmet chicken recipes you will really love this classic. The chicken marsala with mushrooms recipe has stood the test of time and you can get this dish in all kinds of up-market restaurants. Why spend that kind of money though, when you can easily make chicken marsala at home, and not just any chicken marsala recipe but this one, which is ultra delicious?
Serve this tasty dish with rice, potatoes, or French fries. The delicious sauce will soak into the rice or potatoes, giving them a wonderful flavor. This dish never fails to impress because it is so well known but not many people realize how easy it is to make this at home. A good chicken marsala recipe is ideal for a family dinner or for when you have people coming over and you want to make something fail-safe and yummy.
- 4 chicken breasts, no skin, or bones
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Flour for dredging
- 4 oz prosciutto, finely sliced
- ½ cup chicken bouillon
- ½ cup sweet Marsala wine
- 8 oz porcini or crimini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Lay the chicken breasts on a chopping board and put plastic wrap over them. Pound with a mallet until ¼ inch thick.
- Season some flour in a shallow platter.
- Heat the oil over a medium hot flame in a big skillet. When the oil is hot, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess. Fry for 5 minutes per side until golden, turning once.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter to keep warm.
- Turn the heat down to medium and sauté the prosciutto for 1 minute in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Marsala and boil for a few seconds to cook the alcohol out.
- Add the bouillon and simmer for a minute.
- Add the butter and return the chicken to the pan. Simmer for a minute to heat the chicken through.
- Season and garnish with parsley.