This Chinese boneless chicken recipe combines the flavors of sesame, peanut, chili, and garlic. It is a rich and satisfying meal. This sesame chicken recipe is served with linguini, which is a type of pasta in long, thin, flat strips. Maybe you are more used to eating your Chinese sesame chicken with egg noodles or another kind of eastern noodles but you will find that linguini goes nicely with this dish. You can use a food processor to prepare the sauce. This saves a lot of time on preparation and also gives the sauce the perfect smooth texture.
This sesame chicken recipe has Italian, Asian, and Indonesian influences and it is one of the best fusion dishes to make with boneless chicken. You can serve it hot if you want to but serving it at room temperature really makes the different flavors stand out. The dish goes very well with broccoli and in fact is good served with the linguini and chicken in the same dish.
If you are looking for something unusual, you will love this recipe for sesame chicken. You can make it ahead of time and then precook the chicken and freeze it. All you have to do then is thaw it out, whip up the sauce while the pasta cooks and you will have a lovely meal ready for your family in no time. This sesame chicken recipe is one that you might end up memorizing because your family will beg you to make it over and over after tasting it!
- 12 oz linguini
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot chili oil
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 boneless, skinless cooked chicken breast halves
- 3 scallions, white bulb, and 3 inch green, cut into 2-inch julienne
- 1 large cucumber, halved, seeded and diced
- Cook the linguini.
- Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Place the vinegar, garlic, peanut butter, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a food processor and blend for 1 minute, slowly adding the oils through the feed tube.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and toss with the pasta.
- Add the sauce and 4 tablespoons of the sesame seeds.
- Toss to coat well.
- Place the linguine, chicken in a large serving bowl, and arrange the cucumber and scallions on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining seeds and serve at room temperature.
Looking for more snacks that are easy to make and good for you? Follow my Pinterest board for more ideas! FamilyRecipes