So now that Easter is over, what are you going to do with all the hard boiled eggs you decorated? If you are like me there are only so many plain eggs and egg salad sandwiches you can eat. But Deviled Eggs are easy to make, and dress up plain boiled eggs. They also make great appetizers for any party and are great at any time of the year. You can easily make more or less as needed.
Recipe Next Page
Easy Deviled Eggs
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 C. Mayonnaise made with quiality oil
- 1 T. Mustard any kind will do
- 2 t. Pickle Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Paprika to garnish
- If where the yolk is positioned is important to you, store your eggs sideways in the fridge before you boil them. Also older eggs will peel better than fresh eggs. If you get your eggs from the store you shouldn’t have to worry about it too much but if you have farm fresh eggs try and use 3 day to week old eggs.
- Start by peeling your eggs and then cutting in half.
- Take the yolks out of the centers and place in a bowl. Place the whites on a platter with the yolk hole up.
- After all the yolks are in a bowl mash slightly and add the mayo, mustard, pickle juice and salt and pepper. Mash this all as much as you would like, if you want to make them extra pretty and pipe them, make sure it is pretty smooth. If you are just going to spoon it in, a few chunks will be fine.
- Once mashed, you can either place the yolks in a bag and pipe into the white or you can just spoon it into the whites. Make sure to start with less yolk, you can always go back and add more, but it is harder to take some of each and put into another.
- When all are filled sprinkle with paprika.